Donate to the IFSA
Click the Button Below to Donate!
As a 501c3 non-profit organization, the IFSA is committed to building and bettering the community of big mountain Freeriders and providing incredible competitive events.
The IFSA employs just two staff members who both work part-time throughout the year. In addition to our volunteer Board of Directors, our staff of two work tirelessly to support, organize, and manage 90+ Freeride events, 50+ Event Organizer partners, 400+ Coaches, 5,000+ Freeride Parents, 2,200+ Junior Athletes, and 1,000 FWQ Riders. To say our workload is daunting is quite the understatement!
The volunteer Board and IFSA staff work year round with partner resorts, event organizers, judges, and coaches to build the ranking, judging, sanctioning, and safety protocols that deliver a vibrant competitive series for the athletes we serve. Your support makes a huge difference!
In the 2018-2019 season, the IFSA accomplished the following:
- Video Production: For the first time, the IFSA took the leap to produce video coverage of select FWQ 4*, Junior National, and Championship events. To gain wider exposure and secure critical brand partnerships, it was critical that the IFSA begin to position itself as a content creator. To catch our 2018-2019 media coverage, please visit and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Streamline Rankings Sync: Previously, updating our rankings each weekend was an incredibly manual and laborious process. This required our staff of 2 and volunteer President to spend between 30-50 hours per week updating rankings. By the time we synced rankings, the next round of events were kicking off (up to 8 per weekend)! It was a frustrating use of time and resources. In the fall of 2018, development of a completely customized scorekeeping application was completed by a former IFSA Junior athlete. Received with much acclaim and appreciation by our event partners, the new scorekeeping app has reduced the process of updating rankings to 2-3 hours or less per week. WOW!
- Certified Coaches: At the suggestion of our insurer, we've built systems and training programs to better educate and prepare our Freeride coaching community. From 245 certified and active coaches in 2017, we encouraged 372 coaches to complete their training and hold an active IFSA license for the 2018-2019 season.
In 2020, the IFSA will be investing in three key areas:
- Brand Partnerships: To continue to provide Freeride events at an affordable cost, it is essential that the IFSA partner with like-minded brands and organizations. This is to ensure the sustainability of our sport and provide critical financial support to keep the cost of competing low. In exchange for financial support, the IFSA can expose brands and products to our highly engaged demographic of skiing and snowboarding tastemakers, parents, and coaches.
- Competition Expansion: We are increasing access for Freeriders while maintaining geographic coverage and encouraging participation by snowboarders and female athletes.
- Training Programs: The IFSA will continue to dedicate substantial volunteer hours, money, and resources to building out our training materials and programs for Freeride Coaches, Technical Directors, and Judges.
Please contact us if you're interested in business sponsorship opportunities.