IFSA is HIRING FOR WINTER 2021-2022!
Join the IFSA Admin Team in organizing a series of 100 Freeride events in Region 2
IFSA Event Management Assistant Position
2021/2022 Winter Season
UPDATE - Sept 8, 2021: The job application closed on Sept 8, 2021 at midnight and the IFSA is now interviewing final candidates.
Aug 27, 2021: The International Freeskiers & Snowboarders Association (IFSA) is looking to add a part-time independent contractor to assist its administrative team in facilitating the winter 2021-2022 Freeride season. This behind-the-scenes work helps to support our series of nearly 100 Freeride events across 65+ resorts, 16 states and provinces and 4 countries.
The application window will shut at midnight on Wednesday, September 8, 2021
This is a remote position and applicants will need to have their own equipment and reliable internet connectivity with a strong connection. Excellent written communication skills, multitasking, and the ability to work independently are essential for success in this position. This job takes place in a fast-paced environment and requires phenomenal communication skills and the ability to problem solve. This is a seasonal position from September to April with potential for additional contract work in the summer and in the following 2023 season, dependent on performance. The Event Management Assistant position reports to the two IFSA Administrative Coordinators for the FWQ Tour and Junior Series Freeride events.
Hours are flexible but the work must be done in a timely manner and applicants should be readily available to work in a reasonable amount of time should urgent tasks suddenly arise. The job typically involves 30 hours per week with the option to potentially log 40 hours weekly; weekend hours are often required and expected.
Compensation for this contracted position will be: $20.00 hourly.
IFSA EVENT MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
The IFSA Event Management Assistant should expect to assist the two IFSA administrators with the execution of the following daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
- Answering emails from parents, coaches, event organizers and FWQ athletes in a timely fashion (ideally under 24 hours between the three Admin members) (daily)
- Update IFSA website pages with new info/changes (daily)
- Assist with Junior and FWQ Series registration issues, questions, mixups (daily)
- Help post user-generated-content to Facebook & Instagram (daily)
- Membership assistance by email (daily)
- Member password resets/login requests (daily)
- Synchronize scorekeeping results to IFSA rankings for up to 10 events (weekly)
- Build event registrations for Junior Series on The Driven platform (weekly Nov-Feb)
- Assist in managing coach membership & training database (weekly)
- Organize/upload FWQ and Junior Series event media following events (weekly)
- Assist with sponsorship outreach and prizing (weekly Oct-Dec)
- Distribute/educate Event Organizers on TeamApp communication app (weekly)
- Post-event communication with Event Organizers/reporting (weekly)
- Assist with data management/spreadsheets for various projects (weekly)
- Allocating quota spots to Junior teams for National event participation (weekly Nov-Dec)
- Updating email database with membership information (2x per month)
- If interested, blogging, content creation, press releases around specific events (as needed)
- Record meeting minutes summary of IFSA board meetings (tri-monthly)
- Allocating quota spots to Collegiate teams for FWQ 2* participation (monthly Dec-Apr)
Possible attendance at one or more season events on an as needed as available basis