2022 Sugar Bowl Stop 1: Tahoe Freeride IFSA Junior Regional 2*
This 2022 Series event is subject to change!
We continue to face uncertainty about event viability due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We encourage you to check back often for updates, schedule changes, registration dates, etc. Additional information will be added as soon as our Event Organizing partner provides information to the IFSA Administrative Team. Thank you for your patience and understanding with these ongoing challenges.
- As in years past, it will be mandatory for coaches to be in possession of an IFSA Coach Membership and hold a current L100 or L200 certification.
- If you are unsure on your certification status, contact the IFSA Admin Team: Contact Us
- It is mandatory for coaches to also register on The Driven for any IFSA Junior events they plan to attend. There is no registration fee, however registration is compulsory if coaches plan to attend. Coaches who HAVE NOT registered will not be granted ticketing benefits or access to the event or venue. Please help keep events running smoothly by completing registration on The Driven.
Please see Tahoe Freeride Website for additional info.
ATTN: COVID-19 policies, vaccine requirements and health and wellness measures will differ between many of our valued host mountains. It is your responsibility to adhere to these measures. Before you register for this event, you should review the resort’s health and wellness policy.
Athlete Check-in: Judah Lodge, daily prior to the competition
Mandatory* Athlete Meeting: Zoom Links to be sent to registered athletes.
Friday at 6 pm for Saturday athletes, we anticipate 12-14 skiers on Saturday, 12-14 snowboarders run day is to be determined, they may run on either Saturday or Sunday.
Saturday at 6 pm for Sunday athletes. We anticipate 15-18 skiers & snowboarders on Sunday. 12-14 snowboarders run day is to be determined, they may run on either Saturday or Sunday.
*If you cannot attend the mandatory athlete meeting, you must make arrangements with the event organizer, listed below.
Competition Dates: January 8-9, 2022
Divisions: Skiing & Snowboarding
Age Categories: 12-14 and 15-18
For questions specific to this event, the schedule, or cancellation requests,
If you wish to compete or coach, you must register during the registration period indicated below.
- Registration: MONDAY, DEC 13, 2021 @ 7:00 PM MST
- Registration Link: https://thedriven.net/event.race_regifsa/eid/40795234578
Event Registration Price for Athletes: $135
An IFSA Junior membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA 2022 Membership.
Event Registration Price for IFSA Coach Members: FREE
An IFSA Coach membership is required to compete.
Click Here to obtain your IFSA Coach Membership.
Coaches MUST register for event on The Driven to gain ticketing benefits and venue access
Lift Ticket Prices for Parents & Athletes:
To purchase lift tickets, registered athletes will receive instructions via email.
Athlete Aged 13 and up: $59
Child Athlete Aged 6-12: $34
Coaches: Coaches will ONLY qualify for tickets and venue access by completing event registration on The Driven.
You must be a currently certified IFSA Coach with a 2022 IFSA Coach Membership and registered on The Driven.
COACH TICKETING POLICY - MUST BE REGISTERED ON THE DRIVEN
- 1 Athlete: No ticket
- 2-4 Athletes: 1 Free Coach ticket
- 5-10 Athletes: 2 Free Coach tickets
- 11-15 Athletes: 3 Free Coach tickets
- 16+ Athletes: At Event Host’s discretion
For all IFSA Junior Freeride Events, the event refund policy is established by the Event Organizer.
TAHOE FREERIDE CANCELLATION POLICY
• Refunds will be issued up until midnight 10 days before the first day of competition. After that date refunds will not be issued unless due to injury, COVID-19 or illness, a doctor’s note will be required.
• There is a $45 processing fee for all refunds including injury and illness.
• Should an event be cancelled for any reason, refunds will be issued minus $45 processing fee.
• In the instance of a rescheduled event, paid registration fees will go toward the rescheduled event. If an athlete cannot make the rescheduled date, they will be issued a refund minus the $45 processing fee. The request must be made 7 days prior to the first day of rescheduled competition for that event.
• If your division is unable to compete due to weather, you will be issued a refund minus $45 processing fee.
• There will be no refunds to any athlete given the opportunity to take at least one run.
It is at the sole discretion of the Event Organizer, and not the IFSA, when and under what circumstances a refund will be issued.
To request a cancellation or refund, you must contact the Event Organizer.